Through the Cross:
Mercy met judgement.
Righteousness met sin.
Light met darkness.
Humility met pride.
Love met hate.
Life met death.
A curse One on a tree (the Cross of Calvary) met the curse that originated from a tree (of the knowledge of good and evil).
The sting of death met the antidote of resurrection.
Only God could marry such extremes in one occurrence.
Who but He could shed blood to create life, use pain to bring healing, allow injustice to satisfy justice and accept rejection to restore acceptance? Who could use such an evil act to accomplish so much good? Who could transform an act of amazing love into such violence, and vice versa?
First Adam succumbed to temptation in a garden (Eden) and the last Adam (Jesus) overcame His greatest temptation in a garden (Gethsemane).
All praise and glory to Him, our heavenly Abba Father!
The New (Testament) is in the Old concealed and the Old (Testament) is in the New revealed. The Old Testament is filled with hidden pictures of Jesus as well as new covenant truths. The King of glory appears in the Old Testament as types, symbols and shadows. And the more your eyes are opened to see Jesus in His glory in the Old Testament, the more you will understand the New Testament.
Jesus Christ is in Every Book of the Bible
In Genesis, Jesus is the seed of the woman.
Exodus, he is our Passover lamb.
Leviticus, our high priest.
Numbers, the pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night.
In Deuteronomy, the prophet greater than Moses.
In Joshua, Jesus is the captain of our salvation.
Judges, he is our judge and lawgiver.
Ruth, he is our redeemer.
I & II Samuel, he is our trusted prophet.
Kings and Chronicles, he is our reigning King.
Ezra, he is the rebuilder of our broken down walls of our lives.
In Nehemiah, Jesus is our restorer.
Esther, he’s our Advocate.
In Job, Jesus is our ever-living redeemer.
Psalms, he’s our shepherd.
Proverbs & Ecclesiastes, he’s our Wisdom.
Song of Solomon, he’s the lover of our souls.
In Isaiah, Jesus is the Prince of Peace.
Jeremiah, the righteous branch.
Lamentations, the weeping prophet.
Ezekiel, the glory of God.
Daniel, the everlasting God.
In Hosea, Jesus is the forgiving husband.
Joel, the giver of the Holy Spirit.
Amos, the builder of the city of God.
Obadiah, our savior.
Jonah, the firstborn of the dead.
Micah, the ruler of all ages
Nahum, the avenger.
Habakkuk, the God or our salvation
Zephaniah, our savior.
Haggai the restorer of the kingdom.
Zechariah, the Priest on the throne.
Malachi, the son of righteousness, with healing in his wings.
In Matthew Jesus is the king of the Jews.
Mark, the servant.
Luke, the son of man.
John, the son of God.
Acts, the giver of the Holy Spirit.
In Romans Jesus is the righteousness of God.
I Corinthians, the giver of gifts
II Corinthians, the triumphant one, giving victory.
Galatians, the liberator of our souls..
Ephesians, the head of the church.
In Philippians, Jesus is our joy.
Colossians, the head of all things.
I & II Thessalonians, our hope.
I Timothy, our faith.
II Timothy, our stability.
In Titus, Jesus is truth.
Philemon, our covenant friend.
Hebrews, the messenger of the new covenant.
James, the Great Physician.
I Peter, the cornerstone.
II Peter, our purity.
In I, 2, and 3 John, Jesus is love, light and truth.
Jude, the one who is able to keep us.
Revelation, the King of kings and Lord of lords.
Jesus is the first and the last, beginning and the end;
He is the keeper of creation and the creator of all.
He is the architect of the universe and the manager of all time
He always was, he always is, he always will be,
unmoved, unchanged, undefeated and never undone.
Jesus was bruised and bought healing,
He was pierced and eased pain.
He was persecuted and brought freedom,
He was dead and brought life.
He is risen and brings power;
He reigns and brings peace.
The world can’t understand him,
armies can’t defeat him,
schools can’t explain him,
and the leaders can’t ignore him.
Herod couldn’t kill him,
the Pharisees couldn’t confuse him,
the people couldn’t hold him,
Nero couldn’t crush him,
Hitler couldn’t find him,
the New Age can’t replace him,
and Oprah can’t explain him away.
He is life, love, longevity, and Law.
He is goodness, kindness, gentleness, and love.
He is holy, righteous, mighty, powerful, and good.
His way is right, his words eternal,
His rules unchanging, and his mind is on me.
He is my redeemer, He is my savior, he is my God. He is my priest,
he is my joy, he is my comfort, he is my Law and He rules my life.
Finding Jesus on every page!
- Genesis – He is the beginning of all things, the Divine Creator; the Seed of the woman who bruises the head of the serpent; our Yehovah Yireh – always providing for our needs; He is also the King of Righteousness and the King of Peace.
- Exodus – He is our Passover Lamb; the Tabernacle of God with men; the Ark of God’s Presence and our Mercy Seat; Yehovah Nissi (The Lord our Banner); and Yehovah Rapha (The Lord our Healer).
- Leviticus – He is our Great High Priest; our accepted offerings and sacrifices pleasing to God; our Yehovah Makaddesh (Holy to the Lord).
- Numbers – He is our Brazen Serpent of protection; our Manna – fresh every morning as we trod in the wilderness; our Water in a dreary land; our pillar of fire by night and cloud by day.
- Deuteronomy – He is our great Prophet like Moses; our eagle’s wings of deliverance; our city of refuge.
- Joshua – He is the Captain of the Host of The Lord; our Salvation; theof the Presence; and our shout of Triumph. HE IS JESUS!
- Judges – He is our great Judge and Lawgiver; He is Yehovah Shalom (The Lord our Peace).
- Ruth – He is the greater Boaz; our Kinsman Redeemer.
- 1 Samuel – He is our Ark of God’s Presence and Power and Yehovah Sabaoth (The Lord of Hosts).
- 2 Samuel – He is the greater David, extending and building His kingdom; He is our Rock of Salvation.
- 1 Kings – He is the Builder of a temple that will never fall, with treasures untold.
- 2 Kings – He is the True Judge and Reigning King, pulling down and building up.
- 1 Chronicles – He is our final Covenant, renewed with the sons of men.
- 2 Chronicles – He is our Mighty Warrior God whose watchful eyes are always on those who trust Him. He is the One who fights our battles.
- Ezra – He is our Faithful Scribe and the one who leads us out of our captivity.
- Nehemiah – He is our Intercessor and the Builder of broken walls. He is the gate by which we pass.
- Esther – He is our Defender against the forces opposing us.
- Job – He is our Dayspring on High and our Redeemer who lives.
- Psalms – He is our Song! He is Yehovah Rohi (The Lord our Shepherd); He is our Shield and Buckler; The Lord Most High and King of Glory! He is the Cornerstone of theand its Capstone. He is our All in all.
- Proverbs – He is our Wisdom and a Strong, where the righteous run for safety.
- Ecclesiastes – He is the Source and Meaning of life.
- Song of Solomon – He is our faithful Lover, our wonderful Bridegroom, the Fairest of ten thousand, and the All-together lovely one.
- Isaiah – He is the Child to be born; The Son to be given. His Name is Wonderful Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace bearing the government of His people. He is the Suffering Servant taking on Himself our sin, sickness, and pain.
- Jeremiah – He is the Shoot from Jesse, The Righteous Branch, our Yehovah Tsidkenu (The Lord our Righteousness).
- Lamentations – He is our Weeping Prophet and our Comforter in distress.
- Ezekiel – He is Yehovah Shammah (The Lord is There). He is the Glory of the Lord, the Four Faces, and the Wheel within The Wheel.
- Daniel – He is the Son of God in the fiery furnace and the Protector in the den.
- Hosea – He is our Faithful Husband.
- Joel – He is our Baptizer in the Holy Spirit.
- Amos – He is our great Burden Bearer.
- Obadiah – He is Mighty to Save.
- Jonah – He is the unfailing Missionary and the Resurrection from the dead after three days.
- Micah – He is the Messenger with beautiful feet and our Ruler coming forth from.
- Nahum – He is the Avenger of God’s elect and a Stronghold in the day of trouble.
- Habakkuk – He is God’s Evangelist crying, “Revive Thy works in the midst of the years.”
- Zephaniah – He is our Mighty Savior; rejoicing over His own with joy and singing.
- Haggai – He is the Restorer of God’s lost heritage.
- Zechariah – He is the Lord and King over all the Earth.
- Malachi – He is The Son of Righteousness rising with healing in His wings.
- Matthew – He is our Messiah-Emmanuel (Christ-God with us); our rightful King.
- Mark – He is the Son of Mary and our Wonder Worker; the Servant
- Luke – He is The Son of Man; the anointed preacher, healer, and deliverer. He ushers in our true jubilee.
- John – He is Word made Flesh; The Son of God; our Good Shepherd; the true Manna; the Door of the Sheep; the Resurrection and the Life; the Way, the Truth, and the Life; He is the Light.
- Acts – He is the Baptizer in The Holy Spirit, and The Name above all names; He is our Salvation.
- Romans – He is our Justifier; The Gospel; and the power of God unto salvation.
- 1 Corinthians – He is our Conqueror over death; our Resurrection.
- 2 Corinthians – He is our Unspeakable Gift.
- Galatians – He is our Inheritance.
- Ephesians – He is our Peace at the right hand of The Father; our position of security.
- Philippians – He is the God who supplies all our needs.
- Colossians – He is the fullness of the Godhead and our Treasure of wisdom and knowledge.
- 1 Thessalonians – He is our “soon returning Lord” and Faithful God of peace.
- 2 Thessalonians – He is our Faithful Lord establishing and keeping His own from evil.
- 1 Timothy – He is our confidence in time of death; He is our Righteous Judge and Crown of Righteousness; He is our Teacher.
- 2 Timothy – He is Christ our Helper.
- Titus – He is our faithful Pastor and great God.
- Philemon – He is a Friend that sticks closer than a brother.
- Hebrews – He is the great High Priest; the great Shepherd; and the One touched with the feeling of our infirmities. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
- James – He is the great Physician.
- 1 Peter – He is our Chief Shepherd with a crown of unfading glory.
- 2 Peter – He is the Restorer of all things.
- 1 John – He is our Love, our Truth, our Light.
- 2 John – He is Christ come in the flesh.
- 3 John – He is our prosperity, our health, our peace.
- Jude – He is the Lord coming with ten thousands of His saints
- Revelation – He is The Lamb in the midst of the throne; He is the Lion of the Tribe of Judah; He is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last. He is JESUS.